Thursday, June 30, 2011

Proofread Those Listings!

I'm usually pretty good at proofreading my listings, but every once in a while something slips through. Recently I had to raise the prices I charge for shipping due to increased operating costs, and so I had to go through and make changes in many of my item descriptions.

Recently I made a sale to a customer who pointed out, and rightly so, that it said "in the description" of the item that the shipping cost was $5.00, even though this customer was charged $10.00. Well I was pretty sure that $10.00 was the actual shipping charge, but when I investigated, I found that I had indeed forgotten to change the wording in the description of the item. Since it was my fault, I only charged this customer $5.00 as in my opinion, arguing the point was not worth the bad feelings that would have been created.

The bottom line is, I am once again combing through my listings and looking for errors. A second pair of eyes would have been a big help, but as we all know, that's not always possible. Even though I've been doing this for a few years, incidents like this remind me to slow down a bit and take my time. Lesson learned...until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment