Thursday, July 7, 2011

Defying the Laws of Physics

I've been a science teacher for the last 38 years. As of the end of June, I decided to retire and pursue other interests, such as my favorite hobby, on-line selling. I've been looking forward to this for quite a while, as the on-line selling part always had to take a back seat to teaching...and rightly so. Now however, that's all changed.

My plan was to reorganize my home office to reflect the fact that I would now be spending all of my free time building my business. Of course, the first thing I had to do was clean out the office before I started reorganizing, and I figured I could accomplish this in just a few short days. Boy was I wrong! I didn't realize a room that small could hold that much! In fact, it appears that the room is actually defying the laws of physics in that the more I throw out, the more I seem to find! I don't know where all of this stuff is coming from, but it appears to me that "stuff" is being created faster than I can clean it out.

So much for being done and ready to go in three days. As I start my second week of clean up, I have hopes that I might be able to finish by the end of the weekend. I'm probably safer not making any predictions, but I can guarantee the trash and recycle guys aren't going to be too happy with me this week! Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment